Geneva, Switzerland – March 29, 2023 – A new world of cruising is coming to Miami and is now available for booking. MSC Cruises - the world’s third largest and fastest growing cruise brand - opened sales today for MSC World America. The remarkable LNG-powered ship will be the second in the cruise line’s innovative World Class when she launches in April 2025, offering sustainable cruising with new, immersive and unique experiences at sea.
MSC World America will sail from MSC Cruises’ brand new, state-of-the-art terminal at PortMiami, which is set to be the largest cruise terminal in North America once completed. She will exclusively sail 7-night Caribbean itineraries during her inaugural season, giving guests the opportunity to visit some of the most sought-after destinations in the world on a ship designed for worldly curious travelers.
The ship’s itineraries are designed to maximize time available for guests to fully discover the various ports of call. All sailings will include visits to Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve - MSC Cruises’ stunning private destination in The Bahamas.
- Eastern Caribbean: Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, The Bahamas
- Western Caribbean: Costa Maya and Cozumel, Mexico; Roatan, Honduras; Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, The Bahamas
To find out more about MSC World America visit here
Gianni Onorato, CEO, MSC Cruises commented, “MSC World America will become the fourth of our new ships that we have deployed in the Caribbean for her inaugural season. This is not only part of our commitment to growth in the North American market but also to bring our newest and most innovative ships to the region for our international guests from around the world. This exciting new ship will definitely deliver the ultimate cruise experience in the Caribbean when she comes into service.”
MSC World America will be optimized for North American cruising with new restaurants, bars, public spaces and experiences designed to create a truly memorable cruise experience. On board, different cultures will come together from around the world as elegant European design meets American comfort.
One of the new revolutionary experiences developed on board MSC World America will be The Harbor - a brand- new outdoor destination located on deck 20, specially designed for kids and families to gather, play and relax together. This new area has been thoughtfully designed to bring together all the components of the perfect family experience at sea in one stunning and convenient location. Combining a wide variety of wet and dry adventures, The Harbor includes activities such as the aquapark, interactive water features, thrilling experiences and inviting areas to relax with delicious bites and cool beverages. With all this in mind, the Harbor promises the ultimate outdoor day at sea.
The Harbor offers some of the best views of the ocean and multiple possibilities to explore and dive into adventure such as the intricate High Trail course or zip line, or entertain the little ones in the sensory play areas or the Harbor Lighthouse – a thematic playground kids are sure to love. The Harbor will feature fun food trucks at sea, serving up tempting and convenient snacks and refreshments so that the whole family can sit back and relax after an afternoon of adventure in one of the five different dwelling spaces with plenty of shady and comfortable seating offering stunning sea views.
MSC Voyager’s Club members who book by 12 April 2023 will receive an onboard credit of €50*. They will also benefit from their usual Voyager’s Exclusives benefits when booking more than 12 months ahead of their departure, including a 5%+5% discount, double membership points for the type of experience chosen and a further €50 onboard credit**. See website for full terms and conditions.
About MSC World America
MSC World America will create an eye-catching silhouette against the Miami skyline with her signature plumb bow rising vertically from the waterline and Y-shaped aft that opens onto the impressive outdoor World Promenade. The new World Class ship will span 22 decks, measure more than 47 metres wide, feature 2,626 cabins, contain more than 40,000m2 of public space, and offer top-of-the-line modern features and facilities, including:
A re-imagined outdoor World Promenade, where unique dining, lounging and entertainment options are paired with stunning ocean views and unmatched LED light shows
The indoor World Galleria - lined with bars, restaurants, shops and boutiques - topped with state-of-the-art LED and kinetic light ceiling
13 restaurants offering a wide choice of dining options and styles including:
- Six specialty restaurants, featuring different popular international cuisines with two NEW concepts alongside guest favorites like Butcher’s Cut steakhouse, Kaito Sushi and Teppanyaki, and Hola! Tacos & Cantina
- Four main restaurants serving globally inspired cuisine and familiar American favourites
- Two buffets offering ample choices for casual dining
- Luna Park Pizza & Burger: Complimentary casual fast-food spot located next to the Luna Park in the World Galleria offering quick snacks around the clock.
20 diverse bars, lounges and cafes with two brand-new concepts including:
- Sports Bar: New for MSC World America - this warm and inviting venue is where sporting nostalgia, technology, and entertainment come together, creating an environment where guests of all ages feel welcome. Grab a beer or soft drink and watch the game on one of the many TV screens whilst enjoying popular bar bites such as wings, sliders, dips, and sides. Or challenge friends to one of the typical sports bar games such as a darts or table football.
- Comedy Club: New for MSC Cruises - where every evening will be filled with laughter with one of the amazing comedians that will rival some of the best shows in NYC & Chicago. This is a place where guests can come to kick back, let loose, and take life a little less seriously. Come before the comedy set and sing along to the dueling pianos offering an interactive and comical experience that friends of all ages can enjoy.
- The Gin Project: Offering an extensive choice of different craft gins with classic cocktails expertly prepared by gin-tenders
- Elixir - Mixology Bar: Expert mixologists creating handcrafted concoctions, featuring an outdoor terrace to enjoy pre- and post-meal cocktails while enjoying spectacular ocean views
- Masters of the Sea: MSC Cruises’ classic British pub comes complete with a full-scale micro-brewery making MSC Signature beers on board
- Coffee Emporium: A sleek and modern coffee house that is any coffee connoisseur’s dream. Choose from some of the world’s best coffee beans and then select your favourite brewing and serving style with options including French, Italian, Turkish and Moroccan
- Jean-Phillipe Chocolate shop and Café: Offering custom chocolates, coffee and other treats in a relaxed café atmosphere
- More NEW concepts on the way!
A striking 11-deck-high dry slide made of stainless steel, giving guests a fun way to reach the lower decks in style
Six pools and 14 hot tubs, including a spacious indoor pool with retractable roof and twin adults-only Zen pools at the aft of the ship
Expansive water park with water slides that include a VR experience
Kids Clubs featuring dedicated facilities for age groups ranging from infants to 17 years old
Three entertainment venues with all-new live entertainment and theater shows
Stylish and comfortable staterooms and suites, including Infinite Ocean View cabins, balconies that overlook the outdoor World Promenade and connecting family staterooms
The MSC Yacht Club, the featuring spacious suites, dedicated lounge and restaurant, private pool and sun deck facilities, and 24-hour concierge and butler service as well as spacious, luxurious suites
Commitment to the environment
MSC Cruises is committed to pioneering sustainable technologies and renewable fuels, with a goal of achieving net-zero emissions by 2050. As the third LNG-powered ship in MSC Cruises’ fleet and first based in the U.S., MSC World America will be a key step toward that goal, creating a world where technology meets innovation for a more sustainable cruise experience. LNG is the most sustainable marine fuel currently available at scale today, with the ability to nearly eliminate particulate air pollutant emissions like sulphur oxides and fine particles, greatly reduce nitrogen oxides and achieve a greenhouse gas reduction of up to 20%.
The new ship will also feature systems to maximise efficiency as well as an advanced wastewater treatment systems and an underwater radiated noise management system with hull and engine room designs that minimises acoustic sound impact, reducing potential effects on marine life.
MSC World America will also feature a selective catalytic reduction (SCR) system that reduces NOx emissions by 90% when LNG is not available, and the ship must run on marine gas oil.
*Excluding Welcome members
** Applicable to Diamond, Gold and Silver Voyager’s Club Members